Rory Stewart has moved in the recent Government reshuffle. We will put this to one side until we identify the new person with responsibility for National Parks.
Rory Stewart MP for Penrith and The Border in Cumbria, is the minister in DEFRA who has responsibility for National Parks. We are writing to him as the next target for our letter-writing campaign.
Please use one of these options to reach him:
Official biography containing links: http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/rory-stewart/4137
His official ministerial email: firstname.lastname@example.org Make it obvious that it is for Rory Stewart. His parliamentary email: http://email@example.com is also one to use.
His constituency email: firstname.lastname@example.org for his own constituents (he does not have to reply if you are not a constituent.)
Letter: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, Nobel House, 17 Smith Square, London, SW1P 3JR
It is better to express your feelings in your own words. Each individual letter counts. Here are some points for your consideration:
- Investment and jobs from the Moorside project are welcome. Damaging the landscape upon which half the economy of the area depends is not. Have you a local business that will be affected?
- North West Coast Connections (NWCC) wants to put the route through our local communities for little benefit to us. What will you see? Will you hear the pylons buzzing? Do you travel to work past the route? Will it affect your house value or prospects of sale?
- Ofgem is giving National Grid £500m to take down pylons and bury cables elsewhere. Why is NWCC proposing new gigantic pylons here?
- The pylons are huge, out of scale to anything in the area. It all needs to go out of sight.
- Cost of putting the transmission route out of sight will be more than the cost of putting it offshore (probably, but almost certain!)
- Trying to route the power line through the constricted coastal strip (road, rail, farms, houses, attractions) and through communities is nonsensical.
- Anything else about the route that concerns you.
- Ask him to help small local communities and the Lake District National Park.
Thanks, let us know when you have sent something.