If you want to take an active role in supporting Power Without Pylons and fighting the pylon threat, here are a few things you can do to help.
• Promote Social Media Do you have a flair for social media that could help promote our Facebook page and Twitter account? If you have creative ideas for tweeting and posting news items on Facebook – or other social media – we’d love to hear from you.
• Coordinate Local Activity We need to keep people aware of the pylon threat and what they can do to fight it. Could you act as a coordinator for you street, village or town? It could include putting leaflets and posters through people’s doors; raising the issue at parish council meetings, coffee mornings and local events – and encouraging others to do the same; canvasing local opinion; representing PWP local events.
• Help at Events Over the summer we’ll be busy attending fetes, fairs and shows in the area with our display stand. Could you come along and help on the day? We need supporters to ‘man’ the stand at each venue: to hand out literature, talk to people and encourage them to become PWP supporters and take action.
• Take Photos and Videos We’re always after pictures of unsightly pylons and landscapes at risk of being spoilt to post on our website and use in other publicity. Short video clips would be especially helpful. So let us benefit from your photographic skills.
• Do Some Research Finding out what’s happening in the energy industry, with other campaign groups and with similar projects keeps us up to date and helps guide our own campaign. And there are plenty of lengthy documents that need analysing. If you have patience and an eye for detail you could be just the person to help us here.
If you can help in any way or want to know more about what’s involved just email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.